Russia Has My Heart

It's almost been one month since I left my home to come to Russia, and it makes me sad that it has gone by so fast. We all talk about how fast this experience is going and how soon it will all seem like a dream. I'm not ready for that.
This weekend was a blast. Voronezh was celebrating and that is one thing they take very seriously. The main street in the city was closed down and we were able to just stroll down the middle of a road that is usually covered in six lanes of traffic. It almost felt surreal.
We were able to walk through many small street shops selling a variety of things, and watch a dance show. Of course I always dance when I hear music, so I did some killer dance moves on the edge of the circle, and was called out by some young Russian man who was wearing boxing gloves. I'm sure he probably said something like "Yo girl, you got some sick dance moves. You go!" But of course I'm not sure because I still don't speak Russian.
My friend also took me out to her house, which is in the "country" of Voronezh, and I was so stinking happy!
These photos almost describe how excited I was, because I also saw a cow! It feels just like home! (Except completely different) Also Carley is holding one kilogram of waffle cookies, because why not, and also that's how we roll.
We went to a Barilla Pasta Celebration too, where we got our hair braided, caricatures drawn, and free pasta too eat. 
Side Story: We went to the playground in the park and it's like not even a playground. They just have workout equipment disguised as playground toys. Well played, Russia, well played. (And yes, I know that that wasn't actually a story).
Also, we have went to McDonald's every night this week, and there is no shame in that. We are squad goals:


And to close I will sum up my experience in Russia thus far with one photo.
(Bidets are Bomb)

Comments

Popular Posts