Top Five Reasons I'll Miss Mexico

5. My Mexican Ward and Institute. The Las Fuentes Barrio here in Celaya has helped heal my broken heart. I can’t say enough of the kindness, support, and love that I have been shown from them while I have been here. The Institute class I went to was amazing. I have made friends that I hope I have for a very long time. So, a quick shout out to the people that got me through my father’s health issues!
4. The girls! Sometime when you are stuck with random girls as roommates, things don’t go as planned, and that can be even worse when you have to work with each other. I have learned many things through the experiences we have had together and the people they are in general.
3. Ricardo. This man in my Mexican dad. The concern he has for me and for the rest of the girls in unreal. He’s bought me more food, given me more advice, and been there more for me than I deserve or can ever repay. (Also, if you ever want to date me in the future, you are going to have to get an okay from this man first)

2. Sabino. I hear that people say they find their best friend on ILP trips, and I guess that may have happened for me too. I easily became friends with him after we decided to run together. Fast forward through a half marathon, a trip to San Miguel de Allende, shooting hoops, and being in choir together and know I don’t know what I am going to do without him in my immediate life.

1. The kids. I came to Mexico and fell in love with 20 crazy kids who make life hectic sometimes, but make it even more meaningful. They’ve made me cry and I’ve made them cry. They’ve made me laugh and I’ve made them laugh. They’ve taught me about life and love and I only hope I taught them a little of that too. There was a time when they were the only thing that could get me to smile, the only ones who would give me hugs, and the only reason I was still in Mexico. I remember leaving my Russia kids and I can’t imagine doing the same with these cute kids.
Part of my heart will stay in Mexico.

T-minus 4 days.

Comments

Popular Posts