The Reason for Our Joy

              Now if you are one of my humble blog followers (thanks Mom…) you’re probably thinking “What Christmas hymn will Kyanna talk about this year on her blog?” Well, be in suspense no longer: “Angels We Have Heard on High.”
Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o’er the plains,
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains.
Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be
Which inspire your heav’nly song
Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing;
Come, adore on bended knee
Christ the Lord, the newborn King.
Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Gloria in excelsis Deo.
            My favorite part of his hymn is probably the second verse when it basic ask the shepherds “Yo, why are you guys so happy? Like what’s going on that makes you this way?” And since we all know the story of Christmas, we know that the reason they are so happy is the birth of Christ.
            I know 100% that we can be happy today for the exact same reason. Christ. He lived. He lives. And He provides a refuge, a life, and a joy that is incomprehensible. The reason I strive to be so happy is Christ. It’s everything He has done for me. It’s everything He does for me. It’s everything He will continue to do for me. It’s the love of the Father made flesh.
            Christ doesn’t make life 100% happy 100% of the time, but He makes it happier.
            Christ doesn’t make me please with everything in my life, but He does make it pleasant.

Christ doesn’t make my life easy, but he makes it easier.

Comments

Popular Posts