It's not all Fun and Games


It may appear that we are just exploring Russia and having a blast, and although we are doing that, we also are doing a lot of teaching. Most days we arrive at the school in the morning and we don't leave until evening when its already dark outside, then we go home, sleep, wake up and do it all again. I have to say that without my kids, this whole Russia experience would not be as enjoyable.
I teach two classes a day with about 6 or 7 kids in each one. The kids are between 6 and 9.
Some days are rough. Teaching isn't always easy. There are days when no one pays attention and the kids won't stay in their seats. There are days when the kids eat crayons, or draw on the walls, spill water bottles, cry, and yell. Sometimes I can't get them to speak English or stop saying "Please me." Actually most days are rough, after teaching there are crayons and pencils on the floor or glitter in my hair or lesson plans that I need to write for the next week.


But most days are lovely and wonderful. At the end of the day, the end of those crazy days, it's all about those adorable kids. It's when they remember what I've taught them and say "Can I have the glue?" instead of "Please me?" It's when Lera runs to you when she gets to the school and hugs you, or when Gosha shows you his sick break dancing moves, or when Lida checks your hair for any gray hairs, or when Anton concentrates and writes a sentence and he shows you and he is just beaming and you are too because you are so proud of him, or when they take your phone to take selfies, or when they call you The Boss or say "Miss Kyanna, you are so beautiful." At the end of the day it's all about them. They kind of make everything worth it. 

Comments

Popular Posts