Weekends in Voronezh

Since weekends are really the only free time we have away from teaching and being at the school, we try to make the most of them. But, that seems to rarely happen, and we would rather sit around and sleep, because we get pretty worn out throughout the week.
However, the last two weekends that I have spent in Voronezh have been pleasant.
Last weekend, I was invited on an outing with a beautiful family of one of my students. They came and picked me up and took me to their flat, where they fed me and listened to Taylor Swift songs. Then we went on a bike ride through the forest. It was absolutely beautiful and basically just a perfect day with a cute little family, that made me miss my family so much.


This weekend we were able to go to a Russian banya. The banya is this really hot, like we're talking really hot, room where you just go sit and sweat. We all grabbed our bathing suits and funny-looking, hair-protecting hats and took a seat inside the room that was around 100 degrees Celsius. Ocassionally, someone would throw another cup of water on the stove and this nasty hot wave of heat would just hit you and make you sweat like crazy. It was almost a weird sensation to sweat that much and not do anything physical. The sweat just came, and then it poured, and as disgusting as it sounds, I actually enjoyed it. After being in the banya as long as you could bear, you go jump in a pool of cold water, and then do it all over again.
The next morning we were able to wander around the grounds of the resort and have a mini photo shoot, because we just looked so fabulous in our big winter coats.
(Strike a pose #flawless)

(Lindsay and Emmaline are dashing individuals and natural models)

(My attempt to be artsy, because I just loved the colors)

(Seriously, these girls are gems, though)

It has been around 40-30 degrees Fahrenheit, lately, but the wind is what really gets you. Brrr! Apparently, Russia doesn't really have Fall weather. It just skipped all the way to winter weather. Goodbye sweater weather.

Comments

Popular Posts