Experiences

Random thoughts from Kyanna Jill's brain:
We trek down the path of the only decent hike near Buhl. I watch Chamique make her way through the bushes in front of me; her golden hair pulled into a messy ponytail, and I think about all the things we experience in life. Here I am, just walking down a path with my siblings and friend, with the sun gleaming above us and Teancum's voice echoing through the canyon. It isn't profound, I haven't done anything great, I haven't achieved anything outstanding or been acknowledged for my efforts; I was just going on a family hike. But experiences like this, casual experiences in life, the ones that really make us who we are, they are the greatest. These experiences are all so different and they vary for every person alive. No two people have the same experience, even if they are at the same event.
I realized in that moment, as I hiked down a small overgrown trail looking at my sister's hair, that I was so grateful for the experiences I have had. I'm grateful that I grew up in Buhl, that my family owns a dairy, that I was born a member of the church I belong to, that I was able to come to BYUI and learn, that I have had the opportunity to go to Russia, and that I have the opportunity to go to Mexico. I was so grateful that, although my experiences aren't all happy and easy because sometimes I lock my keys in my car, or act unkindly to someone, or fail an exam, the experiences I have had have made me who I am and I am able to learn from them. It's all about improving and experiences allow us to do that. Everyday we have the opportunity to learn and grow because we are experiencing different thoughts, events, actions, and consequences.
And who knows what experiences we are going to have next. :)




Comments

Popular Posts