Jungle Thoughts

Jungle! Jungle! Jungle!

(My new favorite place)
The beginning of Stressed Out by Twenty Øne Pilots says:
"I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard,
I wish I had a better voice to sing some better words,
I wish I found some chords in an order that is new,
I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang."
If you know me, you know that I have the musical ability of a chair, so not only do I agree with Tyler Joseph but I'm right there with him. As I rode on a bus through Central Mexico blasting my TØP playlist these lyrics stuck out to me, because I think every person goes through this same struggle. The struggle of wanting to create something of value, but not feeling like you actually are. It's that struggle when you pull out a camera to capture the view you see, but it's just not the same as everything that yours eyes are taking in. For me, it's the struggle that no matter how many words I write, how many times I press that brush onto a canvas, or how many times I push the shutter closed on a camera, that I will never be able to capture what I truly see.
It's the same struggle as we drive through rolling hills of jungle, etched out by the rising sun and dispersing morning fog, knowing I won’t be able to properly paint the scene. The hopelessness of passing thatched roofs, small basketball courts, and chickens clucking around in front yards of colorful houses, knowing I won't be able to describe the beauty. Knowing that the jungle is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen and pictures won't do it justice and words won't do it justice. Knowing that we have a loving Heavenly Father who embedded the most beauty for us to see in this life. It's when you're standing at the edge of the jungle, seeing rain softly drop on the greenest of trees, and fully acknowledging how small you suddenly feel. Its knowing that I am nothing compared to the Master who created this world.
Song recommendation: “Kitchen Sink” by Twenty One Pilots

Comments

Popular Posts