Advice to My Sister: Be a Best Friend

Be a Best Friend
Advice to My Sister
My advice to you: make some best friends to help you through your life.
Here’s a hint on that: friendship is a two-way street.
I want you to have a lot of friends; I hope you make many friends.
But, what I really want for you, is for you to be a true friend. At the end of the day you won’t be tallying up the number of friends you have, that can be Facebook’s job. But, at the end of the day, you might be remembering the experiences you had with a just a certain few people, and I want you to cherish that.
My advice for you will be given by my best friends. I want you to follow their examples:
My best friend tells me I’m talented. She reminds me that I can do anything I want if I practice.
My best friend makes time for me in her schedule.
My best friend will talk to me for hours, even if it is in the middle of the night.
My best friend knows me so well that she can read my feelings from just a few words of even messages.
My best friend is always concerned about me, and he’ll call and check in on me just to make sure I’m doing well.
My best friend pushes me to be the best I can be, and he isn’t afraid of doing hard things with me.
My best friend listens to my problems and listens to me complain when no one else will.
My best friend will let me cry to her when things don’t go the way I hoped.
My best friend is always there to give me a hug.
My best friend makes me laugh.
My best friend will go on crazy random adventures when I ask.
My best friend talks about the gospel of Jesus Christ with me.
My best friend reads my blog and comes to my games because [s]he knows they are important to me.
My best friend laughs at my jokes and tells me I’m funny.
And my best friends know that I care about them individually.

So, how about you go out and be the type of person that you would want to be friends with, okay?


Comments

Popular Posts