Advice to My Sister: Remember That Thing That You Love

Remember That Thing You Love
Advice to My Sister (and everybody else)

Hey remember that thing you loved to do? Yeah, the one that you would spend all summer doing, the one that you thought you would go pro in, the one that you would fall asleep dreaming about.
And yes, the one that you’ve given up on. Maybe someone told you that you weren’t any good at it, maybe you embarrassed yourself doing it, or maybe you just thought that it wasn’t “cool” enough so you stopped.
I advise you to pick it up again.
I want you to dribble that ball again, or pull out your paintbrushes, or open that music book.
I don’t care if you don’t make the first basket you shoot, or the second or third
I don’t care if you hate the first paintings you create.
I don’t care if you miss notes and mess up while trying to play your favorite song.
I just want you to fall in love with it again, and then I don’t want you to let anyone tell you that you are not good enough, even yourself. I don’t want you to give it up because you think you’ll make a fool out of yourself. I don’t want you to leave it again just because everyone else isn’t doing it.
Because if you love to do something, that’s a pretty good indication that you should probably do it.
And soon, if you put your mind to it, you’ll be a great three-point shooter, painter, or musician. 

Comments

Popular Posts