Engagement Pictures

I haven’t seen Jake in a month, but he said he still wants to marry me, so here’s a little more about our relationship because we’re getting married in exactly 2 weeks!! I feel bad for being so quite about everything with Jake, but it just kind of happened that way. People didn’t even know I was dating anyone, and then all the sudden I was engaged, so sorry about that fam. I’ll tell you a little about our dating and engagement and then I’ll post our engagement photos, so if you just came here to look at pictures, they’ll be after all the words…
The two main reasons that we’re together are probably cancer and my ex-boyfriend. Romantic, I know… but we’ll get there.
Jacob and I started hanging out in January of this year, although we had kind of known each other last year. This should come as no surprise to any of you, but I convinced him to run with me… (and I have no shame about that) You should also know that he’s not a runner; he’s a swimmer. We were going to train for a triathlon. So after about a month a half of getting him to run with me a few times every week, and him actually getting me in the pool once, we remembered that we were poor college students and couldn’t afford to do a triathlon.
Jake was roommates with a boy that I dated before, but we had stayed pretty good friends. I had told him when my dad was diagnosed with cancer. When I got back to college, I would go talk to my ex about my dad’s cancer occasionally when I was really sad. One week it was an exceptionally bad week for chemotherapy. I went over to their apartment to escape people who knew. It became a habit and I would go over and work on homework in silence at their apartment. Then Jake talked to me one day after I said I wanted to do a tri.
On our first real date, Jake made me cry… cancer again.
Then we binge-watched Stranger Things together.
So, we started going on dates in February and after a few rough spots, we started a relationship. A few weeks after we started dating, Jake brought me to meet his aunts and uncles in Utah. They told him not to let me go, and he took their advice 😊 (Pro tip though: make a good impression on the fam. That helps.)
I brought him home to meet my family a few weeks after. We showed him around Buhl and he actually thought it was a cute town! (Another pro tip: pretend to be impressed with a town like Buhl Idaho to woo a girl. That helps.)
Jake is okay with me burping and farting (Ladies, get yourself a man like that) and he even thinks my random hiccups can be cute.
So yeah, we started dating and we had so much fun. He came to all my frisbee games and races that he could make it to. He took me on dates to do my favorite things. Also, I hated being at my apartment because it made me feel terribly sad and unwanted, so we spent basically all the time together at his apartment.
We started planning to get married in December.
I ran a half marathon, cleaned up my sister’s throw-up (she also ran a half marathon) out of the back of Jake’s car, ate Taco Bell and decided to marry Jacob in September all in the same day.
Then the next day we drove 3 hours to Buhl to ask my dad for permission. On the way, we made a Power Point to convince my parent’s that we could get married. We were home for about 2 hours. We didn’t even need the Power Point. Then we drove 3 hours back to Rexburg so I could go to my early class the next morning.
We decided that it was stupid to wait to December when we were already so certain.
He proposed the next day. He caught me by surprise, so like 20 points to Jacob! It was also during finals for college, so maybe take away like 2 points, but still good.
We were engaged about a week before we both left Rexburg and I haven’t seen him since.
I used to think that this long-distance engagement SUCKED and I wouldn’t wish it upon my worst enemy. But now, I think I would wish it upon them, because first of all, good for my enemy for finding love. But also, it’s kind of fun. We are both feeling some pretty crazy feelings, and my heart just says “Marry him. Marry him. Marry him,” over and over again on repeat all day. But it’s fun because I am so willing and ready to be with him and start a life together, but we can’t really do anything about it; we can’t even hold hands! So I would wish this upon my enemy because their relationship and their patience is going to grow. And also, we’ll be able to relate, so maybe we wouldn’t be enemies anymore. Id be like “Hey enemy, I know what you’re going through. It kinda sucks, but I’m sure you’re growing from it, huh?” and they would be like “yeah.” And then maybe we would be friends. I don’t know who this enemy is, but go find love little foe.

Okay, so now the real reason you came here: 

















Photo cred: my cute bestie Kailey Bingham. If you live in Rexburg and are thinking about getting married, you should propose this Fall semester so she can take your engagement photos!

Comments

Popular Posts