A Heads Up

This is just a small note to whoever lives with me when I get back from Russia.
  • For starters, I will of course talk about my time in Russia often. My sentences might start with "One time my kids..." "In Russia..." and "My host family/group always did this..." I do understand that this can get annoying very quickly and I give you permission to zone me out when it gets really bad.
  • I will always have a pot of Kompot in the fridge.
  • I will also always have a container of sour cream, and I will eat it on everything, even sweet foods.
  • I will make a run to the store just to get a Super Snickers
  • And I will probably call it a Sneekers the whole way
  • And I might complain about the price of it. "This was only 48 rubles in Russia!"
  • And I'll probably complain about the way it tastes, because it won't be able to live up to Russian Super Snickers. It just won't
  • I might need to be reminded that jay-walking is illegal, and that car racing towards us probably will not stop if I step out into the road.
  • I might Russian face occasionally; but I'm not mad.
  • I will probably say "нет" and "хорошо" more than I actually say "no" or "good".
  • But mostly, I'll just have a sense of adventure and want to go exploring whenever I get the chance, so just flatter me every once in a while, please

Comments

Popular Posts