Current Mood

So currently:
I am just trying to make the laundry that I my host mother did for me last week make it until I leave Russia.
Trying not to be very upset and sad about leaving Russia soon.
Listening to Christmas music on repeat.
Deciding what look is best for me
Trying to get as many hugs from my students as possible.
Loving the snow.

Trying to eat as much shawarma, blini, and kompot as possible in the last few days.
and not wanting to leave Russia.
(and possibly using the bidet as much as possible before I have to say goodbye to it.) 
The countdown is on and I don't know how I feel about it. We will be boarding our plane back to the states in t-minus 13 days. Am I in tears? Not yet. Will it happen? Well, you try to say goodbye to fifteen of the sweetest kids who have stolen your heart without being a bit sad.

We are planning our final lessons and decorating the school for winter and Christmas, and by that I mostly mean cutting out paper snowflakes every free moment we have. It's started to snow now and we have a layer of slush on everything. It's a lot of fun, until you hit the stone stairs leading to my bus stop. (Who's idea was that?) But who am I kidding, even that is a little bit fun. 
The kids have been amazing lately, and that might just be because I am a little biased towards them. (I have no doubt that my class is the best in the school. Not even trying to be cocky; it probably has little to do with me.) Zhenya, Lera, and Vera are currently making a plan on how to lock me up and keep me in Voronezh. Karina is trying to convince me I'm in love with everyone. Vlad continues to hum the Star Wars music during class and Oleg quacks like a duck more than he actually speaks English, or Russian for that matter.
 So to say things are going well would be an understatement. Things are great. Just enjoying this still
(Miss Kyanna, you good.)
(Bonus: I also held and played with a hairless cat, and I actually like her.)

Comments

Popular Posts