July 11, 2016: A Search for Happiness


My name is Kyanna Jacobson and I'm just on a search for happiness today:
  • my hair didn't look too bad after it got rained on yesterday and I slept on it
  • My first class is on the fourth floor and my legs weren't sore from my half marathon
  • I made it to class on time
  • Brother Kimball gave a bomb prayer in class
  • The boy next to me in accounting was catching Pokemon
  • I had a breakfast burrito, and if that is the highlight of my day, I wouldn't even be mad
  • My brother held the door for a guy carrying a few boxes. (Go service!)
  • Then he snapchatted a picture of a dead bird
  • and told me that he also catches Pokemon
  • Brother Kivett asked me to play the piano today (that's just funny)
  • I got a B on my science exam
  • I listened to another hour loop of my new favorite song
  • My best friend offered to get me a soft pretzel
  • a cute boy smiled at me
  • Econ jokes were actually funny during class
  • I saw a good friend
  • I made French Toast for dinner
  • We played capture the flag for FHE
  • I got new running partners
  • and I got at least 40 high fives today, which are basically my favorite
So why did I do this? Well last week SUCKED! It wasn't very fun at all. I missed a lot of happiness, even though it was right there. I guess I just couldn't see it through the tears. This week will be different. Although the issues with my family and friends still aren't perfect, even though he doesn't want me back, even though I can't change the score of the game or that test, life is okay.
Last night my friend drove me up on the hill to see Rexburg from above. We sat in silence for a while just watching the flicker and streak of lights in the city. 
"I like coming here and just watching it all. I'm separated from it, but it reminds me that life goes on," 
Life goes on. It always will.

Comments

Popular Posts