Day Twelve

Day Twelve: Write about five blessings in your life
1. My family. I'm am incredibly blessed to be part of the family that I am. To have two parents who love each other, work hard, and teach their children. I'm blessed to have 5 crazy, hard working, common sense brothers and 2 beautiful, talented, determined sisters. I'm even lucky to have one funny brother-in-law and one amazing sister-in-law to bless my life too. My family is amazing and I am forever grateful that I was blessed with them.
2. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can't say enough of the joy, light, understanding, peace, blessings, knowledge, opportunities, experiences, love, and well-being that being a member of this church brings into my life.
3. My body. I hiked up a mountain the other day and realized how grateful I am for a strong body that can do what I want it to do.
4. Opportunities. I'm in Mexico. I went to Russia last fall. I grew up in Idaho. I go to an amazing college. I've had great jobs and service opportunities. I have made amazing friends where ever I go. And I have even dated some stellar young men. I am so thankful for the blessing of all these opportunities in my life. I don't know where I would be without them.
5. Kailey. So, let me tell you about my bestie, Kailey. I don't know if I would have survived college without this girl. We were put together as roommates my first semester, and we've stuck together ever since. She cleans up after herself, works harder, and will go on crazy adventures with me. She loves the gospel and encourages me to be my best self. She isn't afraid to call me out when I need it and she talks common sense into me when I don't know what to do. Sometimes I swear we are the same person because we almost always seem to be on the same page, especially when that involves making an Arby's run. Along with all this, she puts up with me. I am so blessed to have Kailey as a friend.

Sometimes when I write in my thankful journal each night, it's hard to think of a blessing I've seen in my life that day or just to recognize what I have to be thankful for, but I know that there is always something to be thankful for. I have received and continue to receive a plethora of blessings on the daily, and these are just a few of those.

Comments

Popular Posts