Homesick

So this happened last week:
I am homesick.
 I'm currently 1,730 miles from my home, and all I want to do is decrease that distance to 0. My heart aches to be home. I just want to see my parents, and my siblings. I want to see my dog. I want to see my cows. I want to hear a terrible dad joke from my father and see my Momma laughing. I can't remember a time like this before when I was so homesick. I can't ever remember crying myself to sleep at nights or leaving rooms and changing conversations so I don't start crying. I don't remember my eyes stinging with tears every time someone asks me about how things are at home. I don't even remember having a total lack of hugs like I do now.
But in this time I do remember that God is always there for me. I remember that His support is enough to get me through any problem. I remember that He lives and loves me personally and that He knows and understands my situation and how I am feeling.  Every day this week I have received a message from a friend who was thinking about me and wanted to know how I was doing. Every day this week I have received a message meant perfectly for me from reading my scriptures and/or Conference talks. And every day of my life I know His hand has been in my life. I am constantly receiving His tender mercies, because he cares about me.

And He cares about you. When everything seems lost, when you feel completely alone, when you feel like giving up, just know that He is there for you. He knows you, and He knows your situation.  Acknowledge His presence in your life.
“I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence”
-David A. Bednar

Comments

Popular Posts