Day Twenty-Seven

Day Twenty-Seven: Conversely, write about something that is kicking a right now.
Being a kind person, well trying to be a kind person.
I had slacked with my love for people since being in Mexico, and I really think it is partly because of the people I am around. Before I came to Mexico, I was surrounded by amazing people who inspired me to be a better person in so many different ways. One of those ways was loving others more than I can even understand.  But without that amazing group of loving and proactive individuals and the great example and influence they were, I have also slacked with keeping up that love.
However, I have just reminded myself to be kind to others, and if that is the place that I am starting that is fine, and I know that Heavenly Father wants me to be kind to others and He’ll help me in my endeavor. So, I have just started with that again for now. I’ve tried to show kindness in many different ways, especially in trying to be more patient.
Recently while with the position I have while in Mexico, I have had the opportunity to show kindness to people who have shown the opposite to me. I have realized that although I am not being respected, listened to, or appreciated, doesn’t mean that I have any right to treat others the same.
My new motto is “Treat everyone like it’s their birthday.”

Comments

Popular Posts